Ichimatsu is founded in 1959.
The building was built based on Japanese traditional architecture. Wood was used for most of the framework, walls are made of clay and/or bamboo and sliding doors are made of Japanese paper.Our founder grew up surrounded by traditional Japanese
things because his family was running Ryokan which is a Japanese style inn.
Since he was trained in a restaurant in Osaka and Kyoto, he received inspiration from these places. Katsura Imperial Villa was one of his favorite places. After the training, he moved to China and opened a Japanese restaurant in Dailian. He had some branch restaurants as well. He moved back to Japan after the war, and decided to open a restaurant in Asakusa that was known as one of the most popular areas around the time. Current Ichimatsu is the third one.
Service that Ichimatsu provides;
We have rooted in the local community for a long time. It serves traditional Japanese dishes and provides Geisha and/or other entertainments.
We would like customers to enjoy not only meal but also entertainments by Geisha and other entertainers, serving dishes and plates, hanging scrolls, rooms and a relaxing time in this place. Moreover, customers can enjoy finding what kind of
wood and how it was used to build the old wooden house. Carvings on a window derive from each room name. (e.g. Pine tree, Mt. Fuji, etc.) Since Ichimatsu is in Asakusa, you can go sightseeing after meal easily. Also, we can provide a pick-up
and drop-off service by rickshaw as an optional service, which you can enjoy Japan.
We can set up table seating on Tatami mat, so people from other countries should have no problem. An original wedding party can be arranged in the atmosphere of Japan, which we recommend.
Special Menu ～September～
- Sakizuke: Appetizer
- Simmered Wax Gourd in Dashi Broth with Chicken Wing,Deep-fried Eggplant Mixed with Blended Eggplant,Soymilk and Gelatin,Boiled Shrimp,and Simmered Kidney Bean and Shiitake Mushroom Topped with Arrowroot Starchy Sauce
- Wax Gourd
- Shiitake Mushroom
- Kidney Bean
- Owan: Soup
- Clear Soup with Egg Tofu,Parboiled Pike Conger and Grilled Pine Mushroom with Yuzu Citron Peel
- Egg Tofu
- Pike Conger
- Pine Mushroom
- Yuzu Citron Peel
- Otsukuri: Seasonal Sashimi
- Today’s special
- Onsai: Warm Dish
- Simmered Steamed Turnip and Pork,Simmered Konjac in Dashi Broth and Young Green Onion Shoots with Yuzu Citron Pepper
- Young Green Onion Shoots
- Yuzu Citron Pepper
- Yakimono: Grilled Dish
- Grilled Japanese Seabass with Soy Sauce,Sweet and Sour Pickled Daikon Radish with Yuzu Citron Juice,Mushed Sweet Potato with Butter and Sugar,and Soaked Spinach with Dashi Broth Dressed with Boiled Yellow Chrysanthemum
- Japanese Seabass
- Daikon Radish
- Sweet Potato
- Yellow Chrysanthemum
- Susumezakana: Sake Nibble
- Steamed Zucchini,Sea Urchin and Grilled Oyster Mushroom with Salt-pickled Bonito Guts Sauce
- Sea Urchin
- Oyster Mushroom
- Salt-pickled Bonito Guts
- Tomezakana: Last Dish before Oshokuji
- Sweet and Sour Pickled Deep-fried Lotus Root and Sea Eel,Myoga Ginger,and Cucumber
- Lots Root
- Sea Eel
- Myoga Ginger
- Oshokuji: Seasonal Rice Dish
- Japanese Mixed Rice with Maitake Mushroom,Burdock and Deep-fried Tofu,Miso Soup,and Japanese-style Pickled Vegetables
- Maitake Mushroom
- Deep-fried Tofu
- Miso Soup
- Japanese-style Pickled Vegetables
- Mizugashi: Dessert
- Fig Mixed with Yogurt and Gelatin,Japanese Pear and Blueberry with Fig Sauce and Mint
- Japanese Pear
- Menu for September 2019: Chef – Asano Kazuhiro
- There’s possibility that menu may be modified. We would appreciate your understanding.
- The menu changes monthly to highlight seasonal ingredients.
- The service charge and consumption tax will be added to the total amount of your bill.
- This menu shows a 12,000yen course set. Other courses are also available.
Would you like to enjoy Geisha and other
entertainers’ performance while enjoying a meal?
Geisha is traditional Japanese female entertainers who act as hostesses. Their skills include performing various arts such as classical music, dance, games, and conversation, traditionally entertain customers.
- Ozashiki Asobi is reservation-only.
- Reservation is not available on that day of arrival.
- There will be a cancellation fee.
|Toei Asakusa Line||Asakusa||5min|
ADDRESS：1-15-1 Kaminarimon, Taitoku, Tokyo
its a 3-minutes walk to Asakusa Kaminarimon
The way to TOKYO SKYTREE is
popular sightseeing course.
- Open: 5p.m. – 10:30p.m. (Last admission is 7p.m. and closing time is 10:30p.m.)
Closed: Monday, Bon holidays and New Year holidays
- Please email us about our irregular holiday.
- Address: 1-15-1 Kaminarimon, Taito-ku, Tokyo 111-0034 Japan
We accept a reservation or an inquiry only by email.
So, please send your email address, name and reservation date to our email address.
We will email you later.
If you have any questions, please email us anytime.