Ichimatsu is founded in 1959.
The building was built based on Japanese traditional architecture. Wood was used for most of the framework, walls are made of clay and/or bamboo and sliding doors are made of Japanese paper.Our founder grew up surrounded by traditional Japanese things because his family was running Ryokan which is a Japanese style inn.
Since he was trained in a restaurant in Osaka and Kyoto, he received inspiration from these places. Katsura Imperial Villa was one of his favorite places. After the training, he moved to China and opened a Japanese restaurant in Dailian. He had some branch restaurants as well. He moved back to Japan after the war, and decided to open a restaurant in Asakusa that was known as one of the most popular areas around the time. Current Ichimatsu is the third one.
Service that Ichimatsu provides;
We have rooted in the local community for a long time. It serves traditional Japanese dishes and provides Geisha and/or other entertainments.
We would like customers to enjoy not only meal but also entertainments by Geisha and other entertainers, serving dishes and plates, hanging scrolls, rooms and a relaxing time in this place. Moreover, customers can enjoy finding what kind of wood and how it was used to build the old wooden house. Carvings on a window derive from each room name. (e.g. Pine tree, Mt. Fuji, etc.) Since Ichimatsu is in Asakusa, you can go sightseeing after meal easily. Also, we can provide a pick-up and drop-off service by rickshaw as an optional service, which you can enjoy Japan.
We can set up table seating on Tatami mat, so people from other countries should have no problem. An original wedding party can be arranged in the atmosphere of Japan, which we recommend.
- Sakizuke: Appetizer
- Persimmon Dressed with Sesame Vinegar, Boiled Spinach, Japanese Pear and Simmered Red Konjac with Rice Cracker
- Japanese Pear
- Red Konjac & Rice Cracker
- Owan: Soup
- Clear Soup with Steamed Minced Fish Mixed with Scallop Paste, Tofu and Egg, Deep-fried Gingko Nuts, Carrot and Kidney Beans Soaked in Broth and Boiled Shimeji Mushroom with Yuzu Citron
- Minced Fish
- Scallop Paste
- Gingko Nuts
- Kidney Beans
- Shimeji Mushroom & Yuzu Citron
- Otsukuri: Seasonal Sashimi
- Today’s Special
- Yakimono: Grilled Dish
- Grilled Barracuda Rolled with Pine Mushroom with Soy Sauce, Beef Sandwich with Mustard Mayonnaise, Sweet Potato, Grilled Walnut with Miso, Deep-fried Eggplant in Broth with Salted Red Snapper Guts and Lotus Root with Sugared Vinegar
- Pine Mushroom
- Corned Beef
- Mustard Mayonnaise
- Sweet Potato
- Salted Red Snapper Guts & Lotus Root
- Susumezakana: Sake Nible
- Pickled Daikon Radish and Red and Yellow Pepper in Salt and Octopus Soaked in Chicken Stock Mixed with Shaoxingju Chinese Alcoholic Beverage and Soy Sauce
- Pickled Daikon Radish and Red and Yellow Pepper & Octopus
- Onsai: Warm Dish
- Fry-simmered Pacific Saury, Simmered Burdock Root and Simmered Wheat Gluten and Shiitake Mushroom with Ginger
- Pacific Saury
- Burdock Root
- Wheat Gluten & Shiitake Mushroom
- Tomezakana: Last Dish before Oshokuji
- Steamed Grilled Sea Eel with Dashi Broth, Onion and Pickled Ume Plum, Simmered Deep-fried Turnip in Dashi Broth, Pickled Cucumber in Vinegar and Pickled Yellow Chrysanthemum in Sweetened Vinegar
- Sea Eel
- Pickled Ume Plum
- Cucumber & Yellow Chrysanthemum
- Oshokuji: Seasonal Rice Dish
- Cooked Rice Mixed with Pine Mushroom, Maitake Mushroom with Minced Chicken Meat, Pickled Nagaimo Yam in Sugared Vinegar with Red Perilla Soaked Chinese Cabbage in Broth and Miso Soup
- Pine Mushroom
- Maitake Mushroom
- Minced Chicken Meat
- Nagaimo Yam
- Red Perilla
- Chinese Cabbage & Miso Soup
- Mizugashi: Dessert
- Coconut Milk Jelly, Raspberry, Kiwi Fruit, Grape, Blueberry Marinated with Honey and Lemon and Peach with Mint
- Coconut Milk
- Kiwi Fruit
- Blueberry Honey
- Peach & Mint
- Menu for October 2017: Chef – Kazuhiro Asano
- There’s possibility that menu may be modified. We would appreciate your understanding.
- The menu changes monthly to highlight seasonal ingredients.
- The service charge and consumption tax will be added to the total amount of your bill.
- This menu shows a 12,000yen course set. Other courses are also available.
We would like customers to enjoy not only meal but also
entertainments by Geisha and other entertainers.
Geisha is traditional Japanese female entertainers who act as hostesses. Their skills include performing various arts such as classical music, dance, games, and conversation, traditionally to entertain customers.
ACCESS MAP1-15-1 Kaminarimon, Taitoku, Tokyo
its a 3-minutes walk to Asakusa Kaminarimon
The way to TOKYO SKYTREE is
popular sightseeing course.
- Open: 11:30 to 22:30(Last call: 20:30.)
Close: Monday, Bon holidays, New Years.
- Call us about our irregular holiday.
- Address: 1-15-1 Kaminarimon, Taitoku, Tokyo
Please feel free to contact us.