Ichimatsu is founded in 1959.
The building was built based on Japanese traditional architecture. Wood was used for most of the framework, walls are made of clay and/or bamboo and sliding doors are made of Japanese paper.Our founder grew up surrounded by traditional Japanese
things because his family was running Ryokan which is a Japanese style inn.
Since he was trained in a restaurant in Osaka and Kyoto, he received inspiration from these places. Katsura Imperial Villa was one of his favorite places. After the training, he moved to China and opened a Japanese restaurant in Dailian. He had some branch restaurants as well. He moved back to Japan after the war, and decided to open a restaurant in Asakusa that was known as one of the most popular areas around the time. Current Ichimatsu is the third one.
Service that Ichimatsu provides;
We have rooted in the local community for a long time. It serves traditional Japanese dishes and provides Geisha and/or other entertainments.
We would like customers to enjoy not only meal but also entertainments by Geisha and other entertainers, serving dishes and plates, hanging scrolls, rooms and a relaxing time in this place. Moreover, customers can enjoy finding what kind of
wood and how it was used to build the old wooden house. Carvings on a window derive from each room name. (e.g. Pine tree, Mt. Fuji, etc.) Since Ichimatsu is in Asakusa, you can go sightseeing after meal easily. Also, we can provide a pick-up
and drop-off service by rickshaw as an optional service, which you can enjoy Japan.
We can set up table seating on Tatami mat, so people from other countries should have no problem. An original wedding party can be arranged in the atmosphere of Japan, which we recommend.
Special Menu ～April～
- Sakizuke: Appetizer
- Steamed Orient Clams in Sake, Soaked Scallop in Dashi Broth, Simmered Bamboo Shoot, Sea Grapes, Dried Green Laver, Sea Lettuce Seaweed with Jellied Bonito Broth Mixed with Orient Clam Broth and Soy Sauce
- Orient Clams
- Bamboo Shoot
- Sea Grapes
- Dried Green Laver
- Sea Lettuce Seaweed
- Owan: Soup
- Clear Soup with Steamed Egg Tofu, Grilled Tilefish with Sake, Butterbur, and Boiled Daikon Radish with Young Green Onion Shoots
- Egg Tofu
- Daikon Radish
- Young Green Onion Shoots
- Otsukuri: Seasonal Sashimi
- Today’s special
- Onsai: Warm Dish
- Simmered Deep-fried Eggplant in Dashi Broth, Stir-fried Host Plant, Butterbur Scape and Other Edible Wild Plants and Minced-shrimp Rolled with Tofu Skin, and Simmered Aralia Sprout in Dashi Broth with Mustard Paste
- Hots Plant
- Edible Wild Plants
- Tofu Skin
- Aralia Sprout
- Yakimono: Grilled Dish
- Grilled Spanish Mackerel with Soy Sauce, Spring Cabbage Sauce, Firefly Squid, Cherry Tomato, Deep-fried Ostrich Fern with Whipped Egg White Mixed with Flour, and Snap Green Peas with Japanese Pepper Oil
- Spanish Mackerel
- Spring Cabbage
- Firefly Squid
- Cherry Tomato
- Ostrich Fern
- Snap Green Peas
- Japanese Pepper Oil
- Susumezakana: Sake Nibble
- Deep-fried New Potatoes without Breading or Batter, Boiled Squid, and Soaked Boiled Flowering-plant related Aralias in Kelp Broth with Anchovy Cream Sauce
- New Potatoes
- Flowering-plant related Aralias
- Anchovy Cream Sauce
- Tomezakana: Last Dish before Oshokuji
- Grilled Shiitake Mushroom, Steamed Chicken, Sweet and Sour Pickled Lotus Root, and Radish with Ponzu Sauce Mixed with Arrowroot Starch
- Shiitake Mushroom
- Lotus Root
- Ponzu Sauce Mixed with Arrowroot Starch
- Oshokuji: Seasonal Rice Dish
- Bamboo Shoot Mixed Rice, Carrot, Deep-fried Tofu, Miso Soup, & Japanese-style Pickled Vegetables
- Bamboo Shoot
- Deep-fried Tofu
- Miso Soup
- Japanese-style Pickled Vegetables
- Mizugashi: Dessert
- Black Sesame Seeds Pudding, Muskmelon and Cherry
- Black Sesame Seeds Pudding
- Menu for April 2019: Chef – Asano Kazuhiro
- There’s possibility that menu may be modified. We would appreciate your understanding.
- The menu changes monthly to highlight seasonal ingredients.
- The service charge and consumption tax will be added to the total amount of your bill.
- This menu shows a 12,000yen course set. Other courses are also available.
Would you like to enjoy Geisha and other
entertainers’ performance while enjoying a meal?
Geisha is traditional Japanese female entertainers who act as hostesses. Their skills include performing various arts such as classical music, dance, games, and conversation, traditionally entertain customers.
- Ozashiki Asobi is reservation-only.
- Reservation is not available on that day of arrival.
- There will be a cancellation fee.
|Toei Asakusa Line||Asakusa||5min|
ADDRESS：1-15-1 Kaminarimon, Taitoku, Tokyo
its a 3-minutes walk to Asakusa Kaminarimon
The way to TOKYO SKYTREE is
popular sightseeing course.
- Open: 5p.m. – 10:30p.m. (Last admission is 7p.m. and closing time is 10:30p.m.)
Closed: Monday, Bon holidays and New Year holidays
- Please email us about our irregular holiday.
- Address: 1-15-1 Kaminarimon, Taito-ku, Tokyo 111-0034 Japan
We accept a reservation or an inquiry only by email.
So, please send your email address, name and reservation date to our email address.
We will email you later.
If you have any questions, please email us anytime.